Your ideal job is not in sight?
SEND YOUR APPLICATION NOW
Optimum Re Insurance Company / Permanent / Full-time
- Based on sound, current and evidence-based medical knowledge, coupled with an understanding of morbidity and mortality data providing medical opinions on underwriting files;
- Support the Underwriting team with ECG/stress tests interpretation and any other diagnostic imaging, pathology reports, laboratory testing for aid in risk selection.
- Support the Claim team on reviews of Critical Illness claims; interpretation of diagnostic findings while ensuring policy definitions are met.
- Insure synergy and on-going discussions with Optimum Re Assurance’s Medical Directors for consistency of opinions.
- Actively lead medical research to update the underwriting manuals.
- Participates in hosting Internal training sessions for underwriters at least four times per year both nationally and internationally.
- Utilize biostatistics methodology as necessary, including the ability to summarize, analyze and interpret statistical data.
- Actively attends and presents at annual international Medical Director meetings.
- Participates in Optimum Re’s Underwriting Seminar and any other industry seminar.
- Serves as Optimum Re’s Medical Director of record for MIB and other activities.
- Establishing working relationships with medical directors who are our insurance clients
- Continued input into industry journals and industry surveys
Education and Work Experience
- Graduate of an accredited medical school with an MD or DO.
- A current, unrestricted license to practice medicine.
- Board Certified in Insurance Medicine.
- 5 years + demonstrated experience in insurance medicine
- Highly advanced level of investigative, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Takes initiative and requires a minimum amount of supervision
Qualities and Aptitudes
- Subspecialty certification in Cardiology, Pulmonology, Oncology or General Practitioner
- Thorough understanding of reinsurance principles, risk assessment, and business practices
- Advanced knowledge of industry practices, trends and applications and the ability to communicate this knowledge to clients and apply it to meeting clients' needs.
- Highly advanced level of leadership skills with the ability to mentor, develop a team and delegate key areas of responsibility.
- Ability to perform under pressure, under tight timeframe.
- Advanced ability to liaise with individuals across a wide variety of operational, functional and technical disciplines.
- Excellent leadership, oral and written communication skills.
- Bilingual/Multi-lingual (English, French or Spanish)
Ready to reach new heights?
Optimum Re Insurance Company is a subsidiary of Optimum Group, a private Canadian financial group with international operations. The personal life insurance company, headquartered in Dallas (Texas), has been active for now 30 years.
Our team oriented and employee-focused environment will allow you to gain expertise in the life reinsurance industry. We offer a robust benefit package, 401K, flexible work hours and gym membership reimbursements. Be a part of a company that has strategic vision and where our teams have a huge hand in making it happen.
We are located very close to the heart of Downtown Dallas.
1345 River Bend Drive
Suite 100 Dallas (Texas)