Votre poste idéal pas encore à vue?
SOUMETTRE UNE CANDIDATURE SPONTANÉE
Assistant Vice President - Accounting
Optimum Re Insurance Company / Dallas / Permanent / Temps plein
Reporting directly to the President, the Assistant Vice President of Accounting is a hands-on leader of the accounting and finance function. This individual is accountable for all accounting activities including preparation of financial statements (US GAAP and statutory), budgets, income tax returns as well as general accounting (AR/AP) for all US companies of the Optimum Group.
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Prepare and analyze monthly financial statements (US GAAP and statutory F/S)
- Prepare forecast income statements and budgets
- Prepare year end audited financial statements including audit file and auditors footnotes
- Prepare/review quarterly and annual statement as required by states (blue book)
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivables
- Prepare US income tax returns
- Account short term and long term investments (bonds, common stock, futures, etc.)
- Prepare year end states filing
- Lead and develop your team
- Ensure continuous improvement of the accounting process
- Lead and/or participate in special projects
Expérience et formation
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting
- 7-10 years accounting experience
- 3-5 years experience managing a team
Qualités et aptitudes
- Life insurance industry preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Oracle or similar accounting experience (SAP, J D Edwards), Microsoft Excel and Word
- Analytical mind, initiative and good internal and external customer service
- Good organizational skills
- Attention to detail
Prêt à viser haut?
Optimum Re Insurance Company est une filiale du Groupe Optimum, un groupe financier canadien privé d’envergure internationale.
La société dont le siège social est situé à Dallas (Texas) fête en 2017 ses 30 ans d'activité dans le domaine de l'assurance de personnes.
1345 River Bend Drive
Suite 100 Dallas (Texas)